Prost! Christkindlmarket Is Back!
A longstanding holiday tradition in Chicago is coming back to Daley Plaza: Christkindlmarket!
Inspired by the Christkindlesmarkt in Nurember, Germany, Chicago’s Christkindlmarket combines cherished German and European traditions with local Chicago charm. The largest open-air Christmas festival in Chicago will run from November 17 – December 24.
A Few Fun Facts
- Each year, thousands of people from around the world visit Christkindlmarket Chicago.
- The outdoor market has become so popular among Chicagoans that many can’t imagine a holiday season without walking through the market.
- Visitors can find traditional German food and drinks, as well as holiday entertainment
- Admission to the outdoor market is FREE!
- A new location was recently added in Naperville.
When you make your way to Chicago to see all the amazing holiday celebrations, definitely add a visit to Christkindlmarket to the list – it’s one that will become a holiday tradition for the whole family for years to come!