What are your plans for the upcoming long Labor Day weekend? Why not check out Chicago’s latest public art installation along Michigan Ave? These giant head planters, being dubbed the “chia heads” by locals, run from 600S to 30N Michigan Ave and will be leaving the city after Labor Day weekend. Don’t miss your chance to see the “Chia Heads” or attend some of these fun events downtown during Labor Day weekend.
- Aug 29th Bears vs. Browns @ Soldier Field – walking distance!
- Aug 29th-Sept 1st Chicago Jazz Festival @ Millennium Park
- Aug 30th-Sept 1st North Coast Music Festival @ Union Park
- Aug 30th-Sep 1st the Chicago Cubs and White Sox have games everyday Labor Day weekend!
- Aug 22nd-Sep 2nd Magnificent Mile Shopping Festival @ Michigan Ave
- Daily 10am-3pm Family Fun Festival @ Millennium Park
- Check out this list of 25 Things to do in the city Labor Day Weekend which includes a BBQ at Oak Street Beach, college football buffets and brunch specials, Lake Michigan yacht cruises, fireworks over Navy Pier, and even a hot dog eating contest and tomato food fight!
We’ve made a long weekend or stay cation in downtown Chicago affordable. Book through our blog and get special access to our Total Freedom Package. Save $25 off our daily rate and receive parking, Internet, and breakfast for 2 daily! That’s over $100 in savings!
You’re more than welcome at the Hyatt Regency McCormick Place, 2233 South Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Drive, Chicago, Illinois 60616; +1 312 567 1234