Memorial Day is just about a month away. Have you made plans for the long weekend yet? Need a staycation or something to do with the long weekend? Here are some events going on in downtown Chicago to help you plan the perfect Memorial Day weekend:
- Soldier Field 10 Mile: It’s all about where you finish, and the Soldier Field 10 Mile finishes right on the 50-yard line of Soldier Field; the perfect ending to a long run up and down Chicago’s lakefront trail. Hyatt Regency McCormick Place is the official hotel for runners and spectators with a discounted rate of just $199 including free self-parking. Walk right on over to the starting line. The 10-15 min walk is the perfect warm-up on race day, Saturday, May 24th, 2014.
- Bike the Drive: The most unique bike ride you’ll take all year! Whether you’re new to biking or you’re a seasoned veteran, you’ll find MB Financial Bank Bike the Drive an event to remember—nearly five hours of car-free riding while enjoying breathtaking views of the city and the lake on Sundya, May 25th, 2014. Don’t miss the one day of the year when bicycles reign on Lake Shore Drive.
- Memorial Day Parade: One of the largest Memorial Day Parade’s in the nation, the Chicago Memorial Day Parade steps off at noon on Monday, May 26th, 2014 at State and Lake and heads South on State St. ending at Van Buren.
- Chicago Gaelic Park Irish Fest: This is the 28th year of the Gaelic Park Irish Fest taking place every day of Memorial Day weekend. Enjoy four days of great music, theater, and storytelling on six stages. Plus tons of food, carnival games and rides, a petting zoo and pony rides, and even Gaelic football/hurling.
- Reggie’s FREE Sox Sunday: What’s more fitting on Memorial Day than catching a ballgame? The White Sox take on the New York Yankees on Sunday May 25th, 2014, and our neighbors at Reggie’s are holding their first FREE Sox Sunday of the summer. Reggie’s will open at 10am, and the first 150 people in the door will get a FREE bleacher ticket and round trip shuttle ride to the game. There will also be a $10 All You Can Eat Rooftop BBQ Buffet featuring Reggie’s award winning wings. We’re not just saying that either. Reggie’s wings won 1st place in BBQ at Chicago’s Wingfest in 2012 and 2014. Kids welcome.
You’re more than welcome at the Hyatt Regency McCormick Place, 2233 South Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Drive, Chicago, Illinois 60616; +1 312 567 1234