On Friday, June 13th, 2014, Hyatt Regency McCormick Place will host rising culinary stars from Hyatt Hotels & Resorts in the Midwest region to complete in The Good Taste Series, a talent competition to highlight Hyatt’s emerging culinary talent. The competition will not only feature Hyatt’s talented chefs, but also reinforce Hyatt’s global food philosophy; Food. Thoughtfully Sourced, Carefully Served.
This competition is one of twelve regional brackets taking place this month around the United States. In addition to bragging rights and a trophy, each regional winner receives an all-expense paid trip to The Good Taste Series National Competition being held at the beautiful Andaz Wailea Maui Resort in November as well as a year’s subscription to their favorite cooking magazine or cookbook, a Shun Knife, and a $500 American Express gift card. The winner of the National Competition will win a week-long trip to the Hyatt destination of their choice within the U.S., Canada, or Caribbean, an extra week’s paid vacation, and travel expenses.
Local celebrity judges have been tapped to evaluate the chef’s throughout three rounds of competition that include a breakfast round, their choice of lunch or dinner, and a challenging children’s menu round. Judges include:
- John Colletti, Managing Partner at Gibson’s Restaurant Group that includes Gibson’s Steakhouse and Hugo’s Frog Bar & Fish House
- Susan Terry, Vice President of Culinary Operations Hyatt Hotels & Resorts
- David Causton, General Manager of McCormick Place Convention Center
- Christina Weres, Senior Manager of Housing and Travel Services for the Radiological Society of North American
- LyNae Shleyer, Vice President of Meetings and Events for the National Automatic Merchandising Association
The contestants are very excited to compete in The Good Taste Series. Here they are:
- Gabriel Robles, Sous Chef, Hyatt Regency McCormick Place
- Konstantinos Chaidaropoulus, Chef de Cuisine, Hyatt Regency Chicago
- Joshua Karther, Executive Sous Chef, Hyatt Lodge
- Enrico Carpio, Executive Sous Chef, Hyatt Regency O’Hare
- Matt Woods, Culinary Supervisor, Hyatt Regency Columbus
- Karol Osinski, Sous Chef, Hyatt Regency Cincinnati
- Jonathan Bishop, Sous Chef, Hyatt Regency Cleveland
- Chester Cleveland, Culinary Supervisor, Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh
- Cassie Sargent, Sous Chef, Hyatt Regency Minneapolis
- Paul Dobroski, Chef de Cuisine, Park Hyatt Chicago
Stay tuned for video, photos, and more details about the contest as well as the announcement of the winner who will be going on to compete at the Good Taste Series National Championships in Hawaii!
You’re more than welcome at the Hyatt Regency McCormick Place, 2233 South Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Drive, Chicago, Illinois 60616; +1 312 567 1234