Hyatt’s Good Taste Series Midwest Regional Winners
On July 13, Hyatt Regency McCormick Place had the pleasure of hosting the Regional Midwest Good Taste Series Competition. This year, we had a total of 11 Hyatt Chefs from all over the Midwest serve up 22 dishes for a panel of judges to sample.
The Chefs were asked to create two dishes that utilized all 5 of our secret ingredients, presented to them the evening prior to the competition. These ingredients included quail, green tea, clams, cornbread and heirloom tomatoes. Their dishes also had to reflect Hyatt’s food philosophy, “Food. Thoughtfully Sourced. Carefully Served.”
- Third Place: $100 Gift Card
- Second Place: $200 Gift Card
- First Place: $500 Gift Card and all-expense paid trip to the Americas Regional Competition at Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort and Spa in New Mexico
Winner: Our very own, Stephen Scheiner, Sous Chef, Hyatt Regency McCormick Place!
Winner: Darrell Crawford, Lead Cook at Hyatt Centric Magnificent Mile
Winner: David Brown, Sous Chef at Hyatt Regency O’Hare
We wish David the best of luck as he travels on to compete in the Americas Regional Competition at Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort and Spa in New Mexico!
Thank you to our 11 Hyatt Chefs that came out and competed:
- Sarah Butcher, Culinary Supervisor, Hyatt Regency Cleveland at the Arcade
- Justin Anderson, Sous Chef, Hyatt Regency Cincinnati
- Darrell Crawford, Lead Cook, Hyatt Centric Chicago Mag Mile
- Stephen Scheiner, Sous Chef, Hyatt Regency McCormick Place
- David Brown, Sous Chef, Hyatt Regency O’Hare
- Samuele Moran, Sous Chef, Hyatt Regency Green Bay
- Patrick LeBeau, Sous Chef, Park Hyatt Chicago
- James McDonald, Sous Chef, Hyatt Regency Columbus
- Aaron Goodwin, Executive Sous Chef, Hyatt Regency Bloomington-Minneapolis
- Collin Clemons, Sous Chef, Hyatt Regency Minneapolis
- Corey Fuller, Chef de Cuisine, Hyatt Regency Chicago
A huge ‘Thank You!’ to all of our judges for their assistance in choosing this year’s winner!
Hope Bertram, Founder and CEO of Digital Megaphone
Dr. Sandy Goldberg, regular contributor on NBC5 Chicago in her series “Food for Thought” and founder of A Silver Lining Foundation
Doug Bradley, Vice President of Culinary at SAVOR
We look forward to the American’s Competition later this year and the Global Competition in 2018!
Hyatt Regency McCormick Place • 2233 S Martin Luther King Jr Drive • Chicago, IL 60616 • 312 567 1234